Anomaly Olive Oil Recipies
Preserved Lemon Vinaigrettte
1 cup Anomaly EVO
1/3 cup Champagne Vinegar
1/4 Cup Preserved Lemon Liquid*
2 Tbsp Chopped Preserved Lemon Skin*
to taste Salt
- Strain the preserve lemon liquid and set aside.
- Finely chop the Lemon Skin
- In a medium size bowl, whisk the Champagne Vinegar, Preserve Lemon liquid together.
- Start to whisk the Anomaly EVO into the Champagne mixture, make sure that you are making an emulsion.
- Add Chopped lemon and season with salt.
*Note Preserve Lemon can be bought at any Whole Foods, Dean and Deluca or your local gourmet market.
Seared Strip Bass with Preserve Mushrooms and Shaved Radishes
1 4-5oz Piece of Strip Bass fillet (skin on)
1 cup Olive oil
1/8 cup Sherry Vinaigrette
1/4 cup ea Oyster Mushrooms
1 Bunch Radishes
2 Confit Peppers (Good quality Pepper from a can)
To Taste Salt
- Wash and cut your Mushrooms.
- Small to Medium size pot add your olive oil and heat on low with a thermometer, until it reads 175f.
- Add Mushrooms and cook until the thermometer reads 175f again.
- Add Sherry Vinaigrette and add salt to taste, let cool, keep mushrooms in liquid
- Open the can of peppers and drain. Slice 2 peppers into rings and set aside.
- Wash and thinly slice the radishes (a mandolin work best)
- In a medium size pan, place a tbsp of olive oil and heat to small wisps of smoke. Season your fish with salt (both sides) Place the fish in the pan and turn to low. Press the fish with your fingers making sure that the skin touches/keeps touching the pan (or it will not crisp up)
- Cook the fish 95% of the way on skin side down and flipping to finish cook.
- While cooking the fish, heat a small pan with a little olive oil, add the Mushroom (just the Mushrooms and not the liquid) and the slice pepper rings. Saute and season with salt if needed.
- Place the Mushrooms and peppers on the bottom on a plate, Place the fish on top on the mushrooms skin side up, randomly place the slice radishes and drizzle Anomaly EVO over top.